My parents visited us for 10 days in August. Alex's parents were also here but his mom stayed for one month, with us. That was a bit challenging since Alex had to work long days and I was at home with his mom and we don't share a common language so we managed with a mixture of English, Russian and German. Somehow it worked but I was so exhausted when she left. And, since we had visitors literlly at our house for one month I had the fun task of getting my darling little boy back to a naptime and sleeptime schedule. It has been exhausting at times but I think he's starting to get the hang of taking naps during the day and he sleeps really well most nights. He still wakes up to be fed but usually only once or twice.
As I haven't posted in a long time I've added several pictures below. Prepare yourself, there's a lot! Let's see how long it'll be before my next post...

I love this picture! Christian never looks at anyone else when I hold him:)...mama's boy already!

The grandparents. Everyone was supposed to look lovingly at Christian but it looks like an awkward photo op instead.

In the Finnish hospitals they teach you to wash your baby's tushy instead of using baby wipes to prevent diaper rash. Maybe they also do this in the States but seeing as how I've no experience with babies this was the first experience of such kind with this method. So, we moved his changing station to the laundry room. I'm so happy we spent so much money getting that special changing top for his dresser... Here's a pic of him while he's hanging out under the faucet and the other picture is of him on his mat looking at himself. I put the mirror next to his changing pad from day one and he used to stare at it intently the entire time. Now he looks to the other side at the night light that I have plugged in. It's funny when he carries on conversations with the light and mirror.

His first bath. He hated it. We have a smaller tub but Alex went and bought this one after he was born and just had to use it. He loved it because it's got some nifty little features on it. I guess it's a guy thing...

Mom and dad bought Christian a little swinging chair that played music and all kinds of sounds. Unfortunately it was not much of a hit with the little guy so Alex and I took it back and will get the high chair I've been wanting.

One of my favorite pictures! During his first few weeks of life Christian would suckle anything and he mistook Alex's nose for my boob:). We have a video of him doing this too and he just kept going.

This was taken when Christian was two weeks old. Look how little his legs were! This Baby Björn sitter has become our measurement for his growth.

Here's a shot from his one month visit to the doctor. He was getting his length measured. As you can see, he was not happy. However, at the two month visit he was really happy. These days he loves being naked so all is good. At his latest checkup he weighed 9lbs and was 21 inches. He's a little guy just like his dad was.

This was taken a few days ago on our walk. I just thought I'd show how cool it already is here. Brrrr.... I had to buy a few more outdoor outfits for him yesterday.
So, that's about it for now. All of the things he hated in the beginning he now enjoys. For example, the diaper changing is now one of the best ways to calm him down. In the beginning he would scream bloody murder. He likes to go for walks in his pram, which wasn't always the case. He smiles daily and talks frequently. His favorite thing to say is ah-goo while also making gurgle sounds and blowing spit raspberries. He can hold his head up for a short while when on his tummy and when I'm holding him. He loves when I sing "You Are My Sunshine" - subsequently his nickname is Sunshine for the time being. Now we are working on getting him to enjoy being carried in his Baby Björn carrier and taking car trips. Wish us luck!



No comments:
Post a Comment