I was lucky enough to have a wonderful mid-wife for my delivery who not only spoke English (yes, it was highly possible to get someone who didn't) but she also had five children of her own so she was a bit of a pro. She was so great as she coached me along and actually made the pushing stage much more "pleasant" (dare I use such a word when referring to labor?) So, thanks Annuka, you're the best! During our hospital stay the midwives were excellent and in the 3.5 day stay they gave me a crash course in taking care of the baby. For those who know me, you know that I am a huge reader. I read at least three to four books on new subjects. For example, getting pregnant I read three (something must've worked:), being pregnant (2), raising a happy baby (3...so far). Yes, yes I know books cannot teach everything and sometimes give conflicting advice but they do help put my weary mind at ease. Back to the midwives, they took such great care of Christian and I so that by the time we arrived home on Monday evening I can say that I was mostly confident in my abilities at diaper changing and so on. Too bad my little guy screams bloody murder when he's being changed but fingers crossed he'll grow out of that!
So far (knock on wood) Christian has been an "easy" baby. He likes to eat and sleep and of course do a little number in the diaper but otherwise he's letting us have sleep during most nights and I am able to relax during the day. I know this will change but right now he's definitely making our lives much easier. We sure do love our little guy and I'm already looking forward to adding another member to the brood. Not just yet though:).
I have taken tons of pictures since Christian was born. Probably more than I have in the past seven year with Alex but now I totally get how parents can take so many pictures of their little ones. I cannot get enough and each day he looks different so I have to capture everything. Alex thinks I might be going overboard but someday everyone will thank me I'm sure. Some of the pictures are posted below. I've also posted a couple of pictures taken of Alex and me just a few days before the birth. I wanted to have something to remind us of when it was just the two of us and I thought it would be nice to put one or two on the wall in Christian's nursery. The pictures were taken by a former student of mine who has now graduated and started his own photography company.

The little guy getting weighed for the first time. He was 2.46 kilos or 5.4 pounds. Little, I know.

My tribute to super midwife, Annuka!
The day he was born - look at all of that hair!
He's got papa wrapped around his tiny little fingers too!











No comments:
Post a Comment