Since my last post Christian has changed so much. He discovered his hands. One morning I woke to find him wide awake with both arms sticking up in the air while he twisted his fists back and forth and just stared. He likes to be carried in what we call his superhero pose and normally he sticks his arm out and stares. He's also teeting now, which I have to say is not the most pleasant experience, so he's usually sticking his fists in his mouth at all times. Poor little thing! Alex went to the pharmacy and to some natural health stores but they didn't have anything to help. That means we have to go about this in more creative ways, ice cubes wrapped in clothe, cold cucumber slices, cold spoon, mama's finger - those are just a few of the suggestions I've received. For now mama's finger seems to help but it makes me so sad to see him in pain. I'm just hoping the pain will subside after the first tooth and will hopefully become more bearable as more teet come in.
Since my last post we have also had some firsts. I have been careful to take Christian out places until he turned three months since that's when he got his first vaccination - in the USA it starts at two months but in Finland babies get the first shot at three months, the second comes at five months and the third at one year and so forth. I've posted some pictures of his first trip to the grocery store (he did great!), his first trip shopping with mama and papa (although the picture is from the restaurant we stopped in for a bite to eat and of course I posted a picture of him when he had his shot. I was so sad for him but he cried for about two minutes and was fine.
Also in October I celebrated my 30th birthday on the 18th. It's funny to write that I'm 30. I remember when I used to think that was old:). For my birthday I told Alex that I really wanted to get out of the house and out of town so we decided to spend the weekend in Oulu, Finland. It was a three hour drive (the speed limit is now lower because of the winter road conditions, yay). Christian was perfect - he slept the entire drive ther and back and he let his mama shop and enjoy a nice birthday meal and some super dessert. Alex got me some wonderful presents so I was really surprised when roses were delivered to our hotel room on the morning of my birthday. What a husband I've got!
I just sent off the paperwork for Christian's US passport. His passport photos are so cute! It's really funny that he'll use the same passport for five years so when he travels he'll have a photo from when he was three months old. I'm hoping to take a trip to the States in the spring. We have to apply for his Russian citizenship as well. There's so much paperwork involved in all of these things but it's all worth it to have a little world citizen:). We're also going to start the procedures for Alex's US residence (i.e. the Green card) since we have plans of moving to the US at some point in the near future. That's a long and expensive process (not to mention the moving bit) but I'm absolutely excited about moving back to my home country and I cannot wait to be closer to my family and friends although I'll miss dearly the friends I've made here in Finland.
I've posted several pictures below - enjoy! I'll post more, next month:).

Superhero Sirota Boy!

Out on his first day of shopping - I think Alex felt the same.
His first trip to the grocery store. I cannot remember if they have carts like these in the US but I really like the fact that grocery markets in Finland have carts with baby seats.
On my birthday - he's chewing on his hands here. He really started showing signs of teething around that time.
Learning that he can hold objects in his tiny little hands.
Just after his shot:(










he is just precious! we cant wait to meet him!!!
ReplyDelete